This take on the classic Italian dessert is perfect for hot, Aussie summers! – by Jane Ash
Prep: 30 Minutes – Easy – Serves 8
This summer dessert will get a 10 out of 10 from all your friends and family!
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
2 tablespoons Marsala
600ml tub thickened cream
395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 sponge finger biscuits
Cocoa powder, to dust
- Grease a large, straight-sided 15cm x 23.5cm x 9cm deep loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Dissolve coffee in 1/3 cup boiling water in a shallow dish. Stir in Marsala. Cool slightly.
- Beat cream, condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Pour one-third of the mixture into prepared pan.
- Dip half the biscuits, one at a time, into coffee mixture to soak. With short end of pan facing you, arrange biscuits lengthways over cream mixture. Pour over half the remaining cream mixture. Spread evenly.
- Repeat layering with remaining coffee-soaked biscuits and cream mixture. Cover. Freeze, overnight until firm.
- To serve, invert log onto serving plate. Remove lining paper. Dust generously with sifted cocoa. Cut into thick slices.
TIP! We used a Baker’s Secret large, straight-sided loaf pan available from major supermarkets and specialty kitchen shops. Marsala is a rich, fortified wine. Log can be frozen for up to one week.