Are your jiggling underarms making you self-conscious? You are not the only one who wishes taut skin under the arms. The problem with this part of our body is that, unless, you keep it tight, the skin will loosen up to the point that it appear like bat wings.
Fortunately, you can remove excess flab under the arms by doing isolation exercises to tighten this area of your body. How will you manage this? Try these arm exercises out.
- Triceps dip. This exercise is perfect for toning your underarms and the best part is that you can do this at home, at the park, or even at the office when no one is looking. To start this workout, sit on the edge of a chair or bench with your legs extended before you or placed on a low stool. Your hands should be at your sides and gripping the edge of your seat. Scoot over until your buttocks are hanging then bend elbows to lower yourself towards the floor. Make sure that your underarms control your descent and ascent. Do 10 to 12 reps.
- Pushup. This classic move is the perfect choice when it comes to toning your underarms. Start by going into a plank position with your hands positioned underneath your shoulders, your legs straight behind you and resting on your toes, back straight and core engaged. Your neck and head should be relaxed. Bend your elbows to bring your chest close to the floor. Make sure that the rest of your body remains straight. Push yourself back up then repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Triceps extension. Another arm exercise that can help eliminate underarm fat is the triceps extension. Stand with your feet at hip width apart and your back straight. Your hands should be holding one end of a dumbbell and positioned behind your head with your elbows bent. While standing straight, extend your arms upward to raise the weight then bring it back down to your first position. Repeat this exercise 10 to 12 times.
- Curls. For this exercise, you need to do two to three sets of 15 to 20 reps. Start by standing straight with your knees soft and feet together. You should hold a dumbbell in each hand. Keep your shoulder blades retracted as you curl your biceps to bring your weights toward your chest. Go back to your first position and repeat.
- Bent over row. Stand with your feet at shoulder-width apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your torso forward until it is parallel to the floor. Keep your back straight and your head raised. Your elbows should be close to your body. On exhale, raise the dumbbells toward your chest. Squeeze muscles as you do this then release. Repeat this 10 to 12 times.
These are just a few examples of arm exercises that can help tighten and tone underarms to get rid of flab. By challenging your arm muscles, you will be able to reduce excess fats in this area so you will have leaner and tougher looking arms.